Join us as we share stories from programs and illustrate how we are supporting our communities during the COVID-19 crisis and the intensifying movement for social justice.
Following a successful pro-active collaboration to enrich services to Harlem and East Harlem children and families, the formal corporate merger establishing SCAN-Harbor has been approved by New York State.
With 23 different program sites in Harlem, East Harlem, and the South Bronx, which together annually serve over 7,600 youth and 1,000 families, SCAN-Harbor establishes itself as the largest youth service provider in the community of Harlem/East Harlem.
Our virtual event on October 13th is free and open to everyone, but if you are interested supporting SCAN-Harbor financially, here are some ideas for what different contribution amounts could do for our SCAN-Harbor youth:
- $50 will pay for 100 Child-Size Personal Protection Face Masks
- $125 will pay for a student in our Healthy Food Program to get their NYS food handlers license
- $250 will pay for 3 tumbling mats for our Early Childhood Program
- $500 will pay for 4 book shelves for one of our Afterschool Programs
- $1,000 will pay for 30 Holiday Toys for at-risk youth who may otherwise receive no gift this year
- $2,500 will pay for an artist/performer to participate in our a new Theater Arts Mentoring Program
- $5,000 will pay for food, travel and hotels for 15 students to participate in our Fall College Tour
- $10,000 will pay for a Education Coordinator for our Reach For The Stars Upward Bound Program