Activity / Experiment: Eating the Rainbow
Eating fruits and vegetables can provide you with many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that can help you live a healthy, active lifestyle. How many colors of the rainbow can you eat on any given day? Remember, only colors from fruits and vegetables count!
- Writing implement (i.e. pen, pencil, crayon, marker)
- Printed Rainbow Chart or blank piece of paper
- Fruits & Vegetables already have in the house
- Print out the blank Rainbow Chart below (instead of printing, you can also draw the chart on a blank piece of paper).
- Use a magnet to keep it on your refrigerator or put it somewhere close to where you eat most of your meals.
- When you eat a fruit or vegetable of a specific color, write down the name of the food in the appropriate day’s box.
- At the end of each day, tally how many colors you ate.
- Repeat each week to see if you can eat even more colors!